Wednesday 2 February 2011

Steve MacManus: Hero of British Comics

You'll find a link to writer (and former 2000AD editor) David Bishop's excellent blog in the sidebar to the right of this post. 


However, I wanted to single out today's post from David, singing the praises of Steve MacManus, who was editor of the Galaxy's Greatest Comic during what is widely regarded as its Golden Age, and also oversaw the birth of its companion title, the Judge Dredd Megazine.


Steve's contribution to British comics is hard to overstate, and David's excellent post gives you an idea of why this is the case. Read it here.


And, Steve, in the unlikely event that you read this: thank you for the 2000AD of my childhood which, more than any book, TV programme or film, I think made me who I am today.


Cheers!


Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment