Sunday 20 March 2011

A Bard In The Hand…

In all the excitement recently, I completely failed to note the launch (and attendant arrival of my comp copies) of Classical Comics' latest adaptation: A Midsummer Night's Dream.


(I'm afraid US readers will have to wait until July for the American edition… sorry!)


There's always an odd difference between working on a book and actually holding the finished product in your hand, and this one was no different.


Kat Nicholson and Jason Cardy's lovely artwork looks even more stunning on Classical's usual high quality paper stock couple with their impeccable production values.


I approve wholeheartedly of Classical Comics' aims with their range of accessible, education-friendly titles and with this, probably my favourite Shakespeare play into the bargain, they've definitely scored another hit.


This was the fourth book I've lettered for Classical (the previous having been Great Expectations, Romeo and Juliet and The Canterville Ghost and, as always, it was a pleasure to contribute, even in a small way, to widening appreciation of great literature. It's another fine-looking book that I'm inordinately proud to have my name on.


I look forward to starting work on my fifth book, Dracula, in the not-too-distant future.


Cheers!


Jim

2 comments:

  1. Midsummer Nights Dream is my favourite Shakey play. I must have seen it a bajillion times so I shall definitely put this on my shopping list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work Jim. You're right, that looks absolutely beautiful. This sort of comic can only be a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

    ReplyDelete